This summer we are trying to branch out and try new things and new places and take our kids to as many places as we can while they are still little! Last Friday we decided to take them to Knott’s Berry Farm in Buena Park, California. Both my husband and I haven’t been in years and it was so much fun to see how things have changed!
There is something for everyone at Knott’s. My mom and grandma came along with us and they enjoyed it just as much!I was surprised at how may attractions there were for our kiddoes especially in Camp Snoopy. There is such a great mix of kids attractions mixed with rollercoasters. My husband and I took our middle son on a “big kid” ride, The Pony Express, and he loved it! We all went on the Calico Mine Train and although somewhat creepy it was a classic and I’m glad the kids got to go on! I wish we would have seen a show but we kept missing the times however we LOVED the characters in Ghost Town. Summer 2017 Ghost Town is Alive and the characters were owning it! Freddie kept laughing at all of the different parts being played. We walked, rode rides ate funnel cakes (which now come with soft serve on them!) drank a Sasparilla in the Calico Saloon and ended the day with THE chicken dinner! It was a wonderful day with the fam and I love having these memories!
Since we were new to Knott’s here are some things that we found helpful!
– You can purchase tickets online! We got a discount for making our online ticket purchase!
– Parking for the day is $18.00 and can also be purchased with your tickets online! It is quite a walk back to your car so make sure you have everything you need for the day!
– Camp Snoopy is amazing for little kids! They have a great variety of little thrills to baby friendly!
– Most of the attractions outside of Camp Snoopy are a 48 inch height requirement however a few are 52 inches! Make sure to pick up a map at the entrance and check the requirements before walking to a specific attraction.
– There are so many great places to eat! We opted for Johnny Rockets for lunch and Mrs Knott’s Chicken Dinner but want to go back to try Ghost Town Grill and Fireman’s BBQ.
– Annual Passes for the new year start being sold in August. If you buy them before (like we were going to) you only have until December 31. If you purchase in August you get in the day of your purchase and then if you would like to go between August and December 31, it is only $10.00 per visit and then you get the entire year starting January 1! We are definitely getting passes!
– For additional information about the surrounding areas, hotels and other attractions such as Medieval Times (which is a favorite of ours) and Pirates Dinner Adventure check out www.visitbuenapark.com.